- Technically sends out engaging, simple explanations of technical concepts that are useful for working professionals who interact with software as part of their jobs. (US$80 /year or US$8/month)
- Stratechery provides analysis of the strategy and business side of technology and media, and the impact of technology on society. (US$120 /year)
- Twitter lots of the best ideas are shared on Twitter! It takes a while to curate your feed, but once you have it set up you get access to the best technology minds.
- Other people worth following: Alex Danco, Byrne Hobart, Packy McCormick, Nathan Baschez, Fred Wilson, Brad Slingerlend, Brett Bivens, Erik Torenberg, Venkatesh Rao, Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, Axios Pro Rata, Mary Meeker, Benedit Evans, all the deal data providers have interesting content (Pitchbook, CBInsights)
- SaaStr is the world's largest community of SaaS executives, founders, and entrepreneurs. Our goal is to help everyone get from $0 to $100m ARR with less stress and more success. With do that with a combination of industry-leading content and community connections.
- Tomasz Tunguz is a venture capitalist at Redpoint. He writes about the SaaS industry with a focus on data.
- Alex Clayton is a venture capitalist at Meritech Capital. He writes about SaaS metrics and do deep S1 analysis.
- Other people worth following: Ed Sim - Enterprise Software, Christoph Janz - SaaS Generalist, Cloud Wars - Cloud industry, Work-Bench - Enterprise Software, Nathan Benaich - AI, OpenView - Product Led Growth, Bowery Capital - Vertical software, Bessemer Venture Partners - State of the Cloud, they also have an index tracking the public cloud companies, Sammy Abdullah - publish short summary on data
- Version One ventures is an early-stage fund investing in companies that leverage network effects around people and / or data.
- Point Nine Capital is a VC firm focused on SaaS and marketplaces (mostly B2B marketplace).
- Battery Ventures is a global, technology-focused investment firm. Markets: application software, IT infrastructure, consumer internet/mobile & industrial technology.
- Other people worth following: Andrew Chen, Sarah Tavel, Simone Cicero, NFX, Bill Gurley, Bessemer Venture Partners
eCommerce and media
We include eCommerce and media together because they are increasingly related - see Web Smith linear commerce thesis
- Paul Munford - Lean Luxe is a newsletter on the modern brands space.
- Web Smith - 2PM is an industry-leading source for deep generalists that covers the intersection of media and commerce
- Trendslates eCommerce is a newsletter covering commerce, media, and marketing from Amazon to Zulily. Online to offline. From main street to niche.
- Other people worth following: Justin Mares, Ana Andjelic, Matthew Ball, Ashkan Karbasfrooshan, Alex Taussig, Magdalena Kala, Darren Herman, Luma Partners
- The Fintech Blueprint is a weekly newsletter that pulls out top fintech and crypto developments, and connects them to the broader industry.
- Fintech Today is a newsletter by Ian Kar on what he thinks is newsworthy and noteworthy in the fintech space.
- FT Partners is an investment bank focused on the financial technology sector
There is a lot of things happening at the margins that can have a big impact on the structure of the technology industry. This is why I keep an eye on deep tech trends.